The Great Ocean Road is one of the most scenic coastal drives, with numerous landmarks on the way, one of them being the Twelve Apostles. It’s a drive you have to do someday and cross off your list; and Lorne, is a city you have to see during your visit.
Lorne is one of the first towns on the Great Ocean Road and a popular destination for those living in Melbourne and need a getaway. It’s an approximately 2-hour drive and so beautiful, honestly. Relaxing and refreshing! And the vibes… Oh the vibes! Just lovely.
Let’s see what you can do in Lorne in 24 hours:
1. Take a walk by the beach and if the weather is nice, take a dive and enjoy the sun.
2. Have a fantastic breakfast or lunch in one of the sidewalk cafes and restaurants located at the main shopping road. They’re so cute and the food is great. In The Bottle of Milk, I enjoyed the best eggs Benedict and the best hollandaise sauce ever! No need to say anything about coffee. I have already shared with you that Aussies know what they’re talking about, when it comes to coffee!
3. For dinner head to Ipsos. It’s a Greek inspired restaurant with a gourmet twist. You’ll mostly taste fish delicacies.
4. Approximately 10 kilometres away by car, the Erskine Falls lie. The views are really attractive and all you will do is breathe fresh air! Now, for the hiking aficionados, the Erskine River Track would be a nice idea; head to the Straw Falls and Splitter Falls. Of course, check the weather in advance and have in mind that some parts can be steep.
5. Teddy’s Lookout is a hidden gem, as it offers spectacular views of the Great Ocean Road. Too bad I only found out about it after I left!
6. Are you a surf lover? Great! Grab your board and get ready to catch a wave. The main beach is recommended for beginners.
7. There are also plenty of picnic areas for you and your loved ones for a nice day out in the sun! Lorne Foreshore and North Lorne are two of the recommended places to barbecue and have a picnic. Make sure to ask in advance the Information Desks for any information needed and make bookings if necessary.
8. During your stay in Lorne, you’ll see many Cockatoo, the cutest birds ever! The Cockatoos belong to the parrot species and they’re everywhere! If you choose to stay in a cottage, you’ll see them at your balcony every morning and you can feed them.
Ok, I think you’re covered on how to spend 24 hours in Lorne. The best advice I can give you is this: Don’t stress to see and do everything; stress is a word unknown at this place. Just enjoy the sun, the beach and the food!
Have fun and let me know if you’d add anything on the list!